Tuesday, June 7, 2011

1st Treatment!


It has been several hours since I had my 1st laser treatment.  Before I got there, I had been trying to prepare myself for the pain I was going to experience. And let me tell you, it’s totally different than what I was imagining. I’ve read that it would feel like a rubber band popping you or bacon grease splashing you.  I don’t know if it was because it was on my wrist or what, but for me it felt like little tiny hot needles. It was just weird. But it was actually better than what I had psyched myself up for.  Some places will put numbing cream on the area before hand or even give you injections for larger tattoos.  I just got an ice pack and cold air.  And still the pain was tolerable.  I don’t think the actual procedure was worse than getting the tattoo.  Just add some heat to it and that’s what it felt like to me. But for a few hours after, it definitely sucked!  My wrist was just very tender.  It was like a really bad sunburn.  It felt like when your sunburn is at that blistering stage.  Just super tender.  I can hardly feel anything now. But I hear that within the next day or so it should start the horrible itching phase.  Also I have noticed I’m already seeing some tiny little blisters!  I knew this was a major possibility, but I didn’t know I would get them so fast.  Oh well the sooner the better so they can hurry and heal. So all in all much better than I expected….today! We’ll see how day 2 goes.
I’m putting a few pictures of what my tattoo looked like right after the laser treatment and then a few hours later when it was just red and irritated.  Basically the laser has started to break up the large ink particles so that my body can naturally start getting rid of the ink.  So I don’t expect I’ll see any kind of fading for a couple of weeks.  And really probably not a whole lot of difference for the first few treatments.  The fact that my tattoo is less than 2 months old means it may be a little more stubborn too.  But the people at MEDermis are very confident that 8 treatments will be sufficient. This is a process that will take up to a year, so I just have to stay committed and patient!  So I guess I need to learn how to do this real quick! 
Next treatment is in 6 weeks.  Let the countdown begin!
Right after the laser treatment. Looks kind of gross...


 
           Few Hours Later. Just really red and sore. But I can feel something happening under my skin!! (Fingers crossed)


1 comment:

  1. My wish for you on your journey is total completeness. Your blog is full of good information for other people who are presently going through the same situation.

    ReplyDelete