Friday, July 8, 2011

Treatment #2...


First off, from the beginning I've said that I will tell and show all of the good, bad and even the disgusting parts of what happens when having a tattoo removed by laser.  Just keep that in mind because right now it's looking a little gross. But it's supposed to.
So, yesterday I had my 2nd treatment.  Oh my goodness! I hope all of this is worth it. I’m kidding I know it will be. But I will say that this time it was a little more painful, but still very tolerable. The worst part is the stinging feeling like when you have a blistering sunburn. Compared to the first treatment, after the first few hours, I really didn’t feel anything again. Even when it blistered it wasn’t bothersome to me.  So I’m really hoping for the same scenario this time as well.  However, after today, I’m going to go ahead and predict that this time may take a little longer to heal. Last time it only took about 2 weeks until it was completely healed. But as I said, this treatment was a tad bit more painful and here's why. This time another laser was used to treat the red ink.  I should be seeing a very significant amount of fading of the red as it heals.  So because the red was actually targeted this time with a different laser, I’m experiencing much more blistering.  From what I’ve researched, when the red is being broken up and absorbed, you tend to have an allergic reaction.  This means more swelling and more blistering. I definitely can see way more swelling.  Also compared to my first treatment, the blisters formed much quicker. Within only just a few hours and just kept getting bigger. They finally stopped growing last night though. However, compared to some pictures and videos I’ve seen of people who have had laser tattoo removal, mine are little bitty.   
Another thing that happened, which you can tell in the pictures what part off the tattoo it was, but when she first started with the laser for the black ink, she thought that I could handle a little higher setting. Well it didn’t take long to figure out that I was not there yet.  This is very much trial and error since everyone reacts differently.  But I promise that it all looks worse than it really is.  And other than some slight discomfort from time to time when I bend my wrist back too much, I feel practically nothing.  For now I’m just waiting on the blisters to go down and when it all starts to heal and I can start seeing some more progress, I will update again.  Even though it looks pretty nasty right now, I’m very excited and hopeful for what it is going to be in the end of this whole experience... GONE!  :)

             
              This was right after the laser
                   treatment was done...



A few hours later...




 
And this is what it currently looks like...
(It looks worse than it really is)


No comments:

Post a Comment